It's Winter Storage Time...
There are still a few more weeks of great boating for the 2015 season but it is timed to get organized for the winter season. As we try to get a jump on the paperwork we request that you complete and return your contract as soon as possible. Click the Forms Tab on the left side of the page. Complete are return signed contract with Current Proof of Insurance and Photo Copy of Proof of Identity. Then go enjoy your boat as the summer season dwindles down...
Download Your Winter Contract Here!
View Winter Storage Charges & Rate Sheet
View EPA rules and Yard Regulation
When you arrive for winter storage please have your vessel ready for haul out. Since we are sold out for the summer season we don't have slips available to keep vessels in the water for extended time. Customers who stored with Lockwood's for the summer season are entitled to the slip until November 1st. Summer storage customers who are ready for haul out prior to the November 1st end of season can call the office to make arrangements for early hauling. Talking to yard employees will not put you on the haul out list.
PLEASE NOTE You must use filter fabric when scraping, sanding and painting. Poly tarps or sheets of plastics no longer meet EPA requirements for catching dropping. The use of filter fabric is required. It is available for purchase in the store. The area where your vessel is stored must be kept clean. Failure to clean your storage spot may result in a delayed launch and/or clean up charge.
1. Attention: Sailors
a. Do not remove your tiller or wheel until after the vessel is out of the water. Your tiller or wheel is the only way to safely maneuver to the haul out area.
b. If you do not have a cradle or jackstands you must rent from Lockwood's ~ please note vessels under 34' are normally placed in a cradle. Although your preference is taken into consideration, Lockwood's reserves the right to place the vessel in either the jackstands or cradle.
2. Once the vessel is hauled out of the water we will send you a bill. One half of the bill is due within 15 days of the invoice. Balance of the invoice is due on February 25th. Winter Wet storage is due in full prior to the vessel arriving for storage.
3. If your vessel is stored in stands, NEVER MOVE JACKSTANDS! When the boat is hauled Lockwood's stores the vessel securely in the jackstands. Moving the stands causes the risk of serious injury to you, your vessel and others. When covering the boat DO NOT TIE THE COVER TO THE JACKSTANDS. The wind resistance between the cover and the jackstands might cause your jackstands to move creating an unsafe situation.
4. If you requested the fuel to be topped off, Lockwood's suggest you leave room for the possibility of 5 gallons of fuel expansion. You are responsible to dictate total number of gallons needed. Lockwood will fill to, but not exceed, the number of gallons requested. Minimum charge is five gallons.
5. PLEASE NOTE THIS IMPORTANT CHANGE You must use filter fabric when scraping, sanding and painting. Poly tarps or sheets of plastic no longer meet EPA requirements for catching dropping debris. The use of filter fabric is required. It is available for purchase in the store. The area where your vessel is stored must be kept clean. Failure to clean your storage spot may result in a delayed launch and /or clean up charge.
6. A full list of rules and regulations are on the back of the winter contract.
If you have any questions, please contact the office. We look forward to serving you over the upcoming Winter Season.
Remember to follow the EPA rules and Yard Regulation when getting your vessel ready for spring launch. These rules apply not only to the boat owner but to your guests as well. If you have any questions about any rules please contact us immediately.